As we creep towards cooler weather, I start to think about warm beverages and supporting my immune system during the seasonal temperature transition.
This homemade anti-inflammatory spice tea is a favorite way to start the day, making it fresh each morning to assure that it delivers optimal nutrients.
Additionally, making this tea first thing each day provides a morning ritual which grants me five minutes to slow down and take care of myself. Who doesn’t need that, right?
This recipe has me returning day after day because of its simplicity, comforting taste, and the punch of nutrients it provides to support my overall wellbeing.
Let’s talk about these magical ingredients!
Turmeric is a naturally anti-inflammatory root which improves digestion, lowers cholesterol, boost cognitive functioning, and so much more.
Cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar, decrease menstrual pain, and balance hormones.
Ginger promotes respiratory health, treats colds, and strengthens the immune system.
Lemon balances pH levels, treats constipation, improves digestive health, and aids the liver in functioning well.
Honey is useful in preventing UTIs, getting rid of allergy symptoms, and is packed with antioxidants which help to combat memory loss.
What’s in it:
- 1-1.5 cup Water
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Ginger (depending on how much you like ginger)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- Juice from half a lemon
How to make it:
- Chop fresh ginger. Can substitute with ginger powder if you prefer.
- Bring water to a boil.
- As water is heating, add the rest of ingredients to the pot.
- Stir ingredients around.
- When water reaches a boil, remove from heat and cover.
- Let tea mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir mixture to make sure ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy with a good book!